I have also used a different image from my second draft as it was the same one I used for my article. The white oval around the image gives the effect of a spotlight shining on Sofia. I edited the image in Microsoft paint.
During the planning process I first decided to have some of Sofias head cover the masthead slightly but felt this not a good choice as it is a new magazine starting out and is not well known like Kerrang!, Q and NME who can do that.
The puff slightly covers Sofias arm, creating a 3-D effect, making it look like a stamp or a sticker.
There is a picture of a pretty girl on the front and boys will want to see more pictures of her, and girls will want to look like her.
I have also used less font styles and are now much easier to read from a distance.
When editing the picture, the picture became slightly pixelated around the edges, I tried to solve this but could not, as parts of the image started to go missing, I think this is due to the lack of experience with Serif Page plus, even though I have learnt a lot more about this software, I am not aware of everything you can do on Serif.
I have brightened up the picture to make the picture stand out more. Here is the unedited version:
I have added more articles and have added the logo at the top. I have kept with my house colours. The first image is a backstage photo to the photoshoot. I have added well known artists such as Cheryl Cole and Bruno Mars. Cheryl Cole is extremely popular among both genders. The images used are of girls, who young girls will look up to and want to know more about them, and boys will want to see more pictures of them as they are pretty.
I have lined up the heading and have added a subheading to the article. I have changed the pull quotes position into more of a square shape which I have noticed most double page spread articles do, they do not have the pull quote in a long line. I have changed the colour of the subheading to purple as it was red before. I did this because I felt that 'Sultry Sofia' did not stand out as much and the sub-heading slightly 'disappeared'. Now it stands out against the red, the colours contrast well together and they are also my house colours. Girls will see her as a role model as they will want to achieve what she has achieved whether it be in the music business or anything else, Sofia Gonzalez has never given up no matter how many hardships she has faced, which I think girls will aspire to, it is also a message for boys as well, to always strive for the best, to achieve your dreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment