Tuesday, 4 January 2011

First Drafts





This is my music magazine with a very simple drawing of my ideal image for my front cover. The image will be black and white apart from the dress, the lips and the nails. So the image will really stand out. I have followed the conventions of a magazine by using different fonts however, I have noticed that I have used too many  different font styles.

Changes to be made:

I need to change my logo as it looks appropriate for an older audience, a magazine focusing on 'vintage' music.

The use of fonts, it must be easy to read  from a distance and the font used in my first draft for my sell lines is too swirly and joined up which makes it harder to read and there are too many different font styles.

Add my original image.

This is the first draft of my contents page. 
I have not written contents page on my magazine, I have shortened it to contents as the readers are not interested in the title.
I have used simple sub-headings to make it clear to the readers what sections there are and what pages they are on. I have made the sub-headings big in boxes so it is easy to point out straight away, making it easier to locate certain articles, the page numbers are also in a large font to make it easier to locate the articles etc.

I have decided to include three images, which will be original images.

The top image will be an image of Sofia Gonzalez, the cover story, this image will be a backstage photo to the photoshoot.

The second image will be of the girl band Diverse Of Blossom.

The third image will be of Tina McKenzie.

Changes to be made:
Need to add original images.
I have followed the layout of a music magazine but I a contents would usually have more articles than this, so I need to add more.
I have also noticed on music magazine contents pages they have their logo at the top.

                                        

This is the first draft of my article.
The images used in my first draft are not original, I have placed random pictures just to give a rough idea of what kind of pictures will be used.

Changes to be made:

The heading needs to be more catchy, it is very simple and does not grab your attention.

I also need to add a subheading that explains who the artist is and the key points of the article, which is a consistent feature used in music magazines for their double page spreads.




This is my front cover with an original image and new masthead logo. I have decided not to make my image black and white as it will give the magazine more of a 'vintage' feel.

I have changed the masthead logo so that it looks more youthful and more appropriate for my target audience.




I have changed the heading so that it is more catchy. I have changed the position of my pull quote for my article, from being in the middle of the two images to the bottom as my images were not as long as the examples shown in the first draft and needed to fill the space up as it looked quite empty.

I have also included a subheading however, I need to spread it across the two pages and move 'Sultry Sofia' to the top of the page so that it is in line with 'stage sizzler'.

Original images have also been added and are quite similar to the images shown in the first draft.
Earlier in my planning for the photoshoot I wanted one look to be an all black outfit, I have decided to make Sofia wear a leapord top like the example above as it is more of a feisty look that highlights her latina roots  it also shows her pop/rock side to her music and if she was wearing all black she would look more gothic.

There is also an image of her performing in the article and there is an image of her single at the end of the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment